New beginnings leadership
The New Beginnings Shepherd has an incredible responsibility of organizing, coordinating, and leading the Happening weekend. Leading up to New Beginnings, the shepherd will meet with the New Beginnings coordinator and Head Deacon to discuss the schedule of the weekend, moments that need to be adjusted, and traditions we want to continue. During the New Beginnings weekend, the Shepherd encourages and supports the New Beginnings team, leads the group in prayer, and links all of the talks into the theme of the weekend.
The main duties of the Shepherd are as follows:
- Lead with kindness, love, and compassion
- Set the Theme and tone for the weekend
- Design the T-Shirts
- Facilitate meetings with both Team and with the NB Coordinator leading up to the weekend
- Pick Key Readings for liturgies
- Support the Team throughout the weekend
- Be flexible when certain aspects of the weekend change unexpectedly
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
High School Senior
Served on New Beginnings Team
Be In Good Standing at Home Parish
Attended at least two diocesan events in the past year
New Beginnings Team
High school students (Grade 9-12) and adults, both youth leaders and volunteers. The cost for team members will be announced at a later date.
To serve on New Beginnings Team, you must be able to attend a required Team training.
Apply for Scholarships here.
New beginnings #7